Digital Marketing Specialist
(12 month Maternity Leave Contract)
Join Our Team!
Rug & Weave was born out of a passion project between a husband and wife team, with a thirst for travel and exploration, and a drive to discover unique one-of-a-kind items. Today, Rug & Weave operates a growing ecommerce platform as well as a boutique retail location in Guelph, ON. Their small but mighty team have built a go-to brand for unique home decor items.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a full time employee to join our team and work out of our historical warehouse location in Guelph, Ontario. As the Digital Marketing Specialist you will be joining a fun team of hard working & passionate individuals. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing all digital elements of our brand as well as managing the execution of new merchandise online, optimizing navigation and enabling a superior digital customer experience.
Your Role On The Team
- Manage website performance in conjunction with the photography, editing & creation of new product content.
- Create and manage strategic digital marketing plans for our Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest channels that drive traffic to the website that convert to sales.
- Use site analytics to plan and develop initiatives to improve engagement, maximize conversion, increase site traffic and achieve sales goals.
- Research new ways and different channels that company can increase its brand awareness, generate leads and increase conversion
- Responsible for creating and editing email marketing campaigns that target a global customer audience.
- Provide input to help support the strategy for evolving the digital channel and partner with Sales and Marketing leads to optimize online customer experience.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes.
- Assist with retail store as needed & perform additional projects and duties as assigned.
Valuable Skills & Experience
- University degree or related education in business, marketing or communications
- Industry level knowledge of and passion for home decor
- 2-5 years of backend ecommerce management an asset
- A marketing mindset with a sales perspective is an asset
- Ability to execute effective A/B marketing campaigns on Facebook & Instagram
- Experience with photography and Adobe digital editing platforms
- Strategic thinker and ability to connect the dots. Proactive problem solver with ability to quickly generate solutions.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral. Ability to work in teams and collaborate.
- Innovative, customer-focused, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume, cover letter & links to any relevant Social Media accounts to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Digital Marketing Specialist Application”
Svein & Sarah